Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Fall is Here!

Sorry... it's been a while! I got a new camera and I had to figure out how to work it!! Fall is here and we are very happy for the cooler weather! We have been busy, going to the pumpkin patch and decorating for Halloween!










You know its fall in the Farrell family when all the girls and 8 kids invade Grandma Brenda's house for CANNING! Grandma grows a huge garden of very yummy foods and so we help can it and then we eat it all year for free! This year we went out on a limb and made homemade spaghetti sauce even the herbs and spices that went in it were home grown!! We of course made grandmas famous salsa, peaches and pears. It was a lot of work! I have never seen so many tomatoes in my life!! I kept thinking.. you know you can get Ragu for a $1.00 a bottle... what are we thinking!! But it's always fun to be together and get really messy!

1 comments:

Sean and Karaden Lodder said...

sounds like fun...one day I hope you and I can share some canning moments. Sean has been on me to start a food storage, so I'm up for any suggestions if you have any:)